Forms and Documents
For Interview Appointments and Visa Information call 03 17 800 260 or visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ro
The following documents are mandatory for all non-immigrant applicants regardless of visa type:
- a valid passport;
- the original MRV fee receipt;
- one photograph (See Photo Requirements); There is a photo booth inside the Consular Section waiting area, which produces the required size and format visa photos. The cost is 15 RON for a set of six photos. Please bring exact change; and
- the DS-160 confirmation page.
All children under the age of 18 are required to present an original birth certificate. If only one parent is present at the visa interview, either a notarized declaration from the other parent giving permission for the child to travel to the U.S. or an original custody agreement showing sole custody is required.
Optional: Non-immigrant visa applicants may also bring any documents that demonstrate personal and economic ties to Romania. Examples include:
- proof of current employment and past work history;
- evidence of financial support (including bank statements, salary history or pension statements if retired);
- proof of property ownership (i.e. home, land, business); and
- business statements and accounts (if you own a firm).
- if you have a U.S. visa that is still valid, you must bring it at the time of the interview.
Note - Depending on the type of visa for which you are applying, additional documents may be required. For a list of required documents for each visa type, click one of the NIV visa links in the list to the left.
To download the non-immigrant visa forms, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free here.