Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Passports & Reports of Birth

Important! This site has moved to Please update your bookmarks and visit the new site for the most up-to-date information.

All non-emergency passport services will be provided by appointment only. Please click on the following link to make your appointment: Appointment System. Appointments for passport services are available in the morning Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, and in the afternoon on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM.

Please note that inclusion of a Social Security Number or an Application for a Social Security Number is now required for all passport applications.

Passport Services

First-time Issuances:



You can check the status of your passport application online:

Reports of Birth Abroad

First-time Issuances:



Please Note:

US passports are now produced at facilities in the United States. This change will increase processing time by approximately one to two weeks. Please take this extra time into consideration when applying for or renewing passports at an Embassy or Consulate, and plan your travel accordingly.

Child Support and Passport Issuance

Under Section 51.70 (a) (8) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, a passport, except for direct return to the United States, will not be issued in any case in which the applicant has been certified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as notified by a state agency to be in arrears of child support in an amount exceeding $2,500.00.

Your passport will be revoked if you fall under this regulation, including when you apply for additional pages, seek a renewal or process a Report of Birth application.

Please direct any questions to the appropriate State child support enforcement agency. You may go to the Department of Health and Human Services - State Child Support Enforcement Web Site for a listing of HHS state and local agencies.


  • Enhanced Security for Minor Passport Applicants

    For children under age 16, the presence of the child and both parents is normally required at the time of application. Unequivocal consent to passport issuance is demonstrated by the parents signing the application form in front of a Consular Officer.

    If there are special circumstances and both parents cannot submit the application together, for example if one parent is not present in country, the absent parent’s English language, notarized Statement of Consent, not older than 90 days, must be submitted.

    If a parent has sole custody, an original or court certified copy of the custody order granting sole custody must be submitted with the application. If one parent is deceased, the death certificate should be submitted.